14/09/2011

Entry One: The Way To Mumbai

Whew!

Alright, so the main flight, Toronto to Dehli, was top-notch. Executive class, plenty of room, smooth flying, and amazing views out the window. I didn't sleep much but that was no surprise, and no fault of the airline's. I just don't fit the same way others do. So, back to movies and video games. Before I knew it, we were taxiing into Dehli.

The layover in Dehli sucked. No executive lounge means no internet, no free food, no safe water and no comfy chairs. After three hours of pained waiting, we were on a domestic flight to Mumbai, still known locally as Bombay. The smaller jet model meant less spacious accommodations and since it was domestic, eating the food wasn't advisable, so by the time we landed I was running on fumes.

Bags, leave the airport, get into a cab, head to Taj Land's End. Look it up, I'm sure there are some very nice pictures, my phone doesn't do it justice. By the time we got there we were just about ready to eat each other. Lucky for us, the 5-star restaurant in our hotel was still open, so we got straight to business and ordered pretty much everything on the menu, care of CTV. We tore into local gourmet dishes for two hours straight, long after everyone around us had left. Satisfied and spent, we finally retired to our rooms, more than 26 hours after we first gathered at Pearson International Airport.

Today, a four-hour charter to Pune (pronounced poo-NAY) to check into another hotel, scout for our first location, shoot for two days, then return to Mumbai.

I can't believe I'm being paid for this.

Ben








No comments:

Post a Comment